Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Word of Caution (Vorsicht)

Thus far I have focused on the good things about Germany.  But, there are also some bad things about Germany.  Last night I discovered one of the bad things.  I want you to know so you do not make the same mistake. 


It took shape during an innocent evening in the city of Bamberg with my family.  We were approached by a stranger and she asked us what we wanted to order for dinner.  I said "Calamari bitte".   The bad part of Germany came in the form of luke warm Calamari on my dinner plate.  Now I hesitate to speak of this because I know the Calamari community is sensitive.  If you were to interview a group of young, aspiring Calimari (Calamarichen as one may say in Germany), or better yet take a Gallup pole, you would find the majority of Calamari dream of being served breaded with a spicy pepper sauce at Carrabba's restaurant.  A well kept secret in the Calamari community is that a few unfortunate Calamari end up at a Bamberg Italien restaurant looking like some kind of noodle bathing in non-spicy, spicy tomato sauce.  Schade (what a pity).


Beware of Calamari posing as a noodle.  It won't end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment